Jiri Everest Base Camp Trek
Jiri Everest base Camp Trek is a typical and adventures trip to the base camp of world's highest mountain by following the footstep of Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa.
Jiri everest base camp trekking is the most traditional trekking trail of Everest region. Ever felt like following the trails of the legendary mountaineers – Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa who marked a beautiful history in the year 1953.
The trek to Everest Base Camp is one of the most popular trek routes in the world. Once you reach at Everest Base camp, you are suddenly filled with a deep respect for the legendry climbers, who proved themselves as well as determination and hardiness of human.
Most of trekking to Everest Base Camp starts from Lukla, unlike these this trek start from Jiri by following the path of Legendry mountaineers – Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa. Throughout Jiri Everest Base Camp Trek, we can enjoy the breathtaking views of mountains- Mt. Everest (8848m, the highest peak in the world), Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Pumori, Mt. Thamserku, and Mt. Amadablam.
During the trek, we also pass through the alpine forests, glacial rivers, and enjoy the warm hospitality of ethnic people. We visit the Buddhist monasteries with prayer flags, the Sherpa and other ethnic villages with their simple yet rich mountain lifestyles
This, 22 days Jiri – Everest Base Camp trek is designed for those who are physically fit and are determined to challenge themselves with unpredictability of mountains life. Spring (March to May) and autumn (mid Sept to mid Dec) and are the best seasons for the Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trek.
Is this holiday for you?
This is the trek to Himalayan Region which is followed by well-explore path & yak trails throughout Khumbu, Namche Bazzar & kala patthar the popular places included in this trek. The trekking above 3000m might become challenging. You have to be prepared for this. We have managed the trekking cost & itinerary in such a way that it would be within the range that you can afford. You should be capable of walking 4 to 6 hours a day. You must be fit and active.
You have to stay 18 nights in lodges. It is difficult to arrange single accommodation on lodges. You will get a room to be shared by two people. The lodges/tea houses are simple & atmospheric. The beds will be of woods & foam mattress. You required a sleeping bag as well. You will get washing & toilet facilities. You can change for it. Cost of accommodation may vary on different lodges.
All meals are included from day 3 to day 21. You will be taken to hotel or restaurants during your stay in hotel. Boiled & purified water will be available. Bottled water can also be purchased if needed.
Nepal has moderate type of climate. Basically, the weather conditions are influenced by geography. Mid-June to September is followed by rainy or monsoon season whereas, the weather will be clear and dry in Spring & Autumn seasons.
Trekkers require necessary trainings & infrastructures so that it would be easy to cope with the challenges during trekking. One has to be fit, fine & healthy. If you are trained & fit, then we could help much more to make your trip secure & exciting.
|Trip Duration||22 Days|
|Best Travel Time||March, April, May, September, October and November are the best months|
|Minimum Pax||1 Pax|
|Accommodation||Hotels in Kathmandu, Guest houses in the trekking|
|Meals||Breakfast in Kathmandu and All meals during trekking|
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1300 m)
- Upon your arrival in Tribhuban International Airport, Kathmandu, you will be welcomed by representative of Dream Heaven Adventure and transferring to your hotel. You may visit our office and give you full tour briefing. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing
- Today, after breakfast, we will start our guided tour of different historical and spiritual attractions of Kathmandu including world heritage sites such as Pashupati Nath Temple , Bauddha Nath, Soyambhu Nath (famous monkey temple), Durbar square and so on. At afternoon time you may visit our office and give you a briefing of your upcoming tour. Over Night at Kathmandu.
- Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Jiri (1905m): 5-7 hrs by Bus
- Unlike flight to Lukla, we take bus from Kathmandu in the early morning through Araniko Highway. You will enjoy the nature all around you with green terraced farm, waterfalls, the Himalayas and the famous rivers including Bhote koshi which is well known for rafting and bungee jumping. After reaching Jiri , we will stay here at hotel/lodge. Included meals: B L D
- Day 04: Jiri to Deurali Trek (2250m): 5-6 hrs
- In the morning, after breakfast we will start our trek to Deurali. During this trek we pass many villages as well as viewpoints like Mali, Shivalaya, Bhandar and finally at Deurali. We can enjoy natural beauties and views throughout this trek. Overnight at Deurali. Included meals: B L D
- Day 05: Deurali to Sete Trek (2575m): 4-5 hrs
- With many ups and downs along the deep forests, streams, various tiny settlements like Branda and Dokharpa and some rivers like Likhu, today’s trek is more enjoying. We finally reach beautiful Sete village. We stay here for tonight, included meals: B L D
- Day 06: Sete to Junbeshi Trek (2680): 4-5 hrs
- After breakfast, we start climb up hill through forests of pine, magnolia, maple, birch and rhododendrons. We pass through villages like Dagchu and Goyum. Lamjura La pass at 3530m, is the highest point between Jiri and namche Bazar, from where we can see panoramic view of surrounding green mountains. Desend down the pass to Tragdobuk and Junbesi, we finally reach Junbeshi. We stay here for overnight. Included meals: B L D
- Day 07: Junbeshi to Nunthala Trek (2220m): 5-6 hrs
- Today, we start our trek from Junbeshi through green forests of Rhododendron, after an hour’s trek mesmerizing views of Himalaya Mountains appears before our eyes. The mountains that are visible include Everest, Lhotse, Nupte, Makalu, Thamseruku, Mera Peak, and many other high mountains. Overnight at Nunthala, included meals: B L D
- Day 8: Nunthala to Bupsa Trek (2360m): 5-6 hrs
- From Nunthala, we head towards Bupsa following the ascending trails mostly. we cross a suspension bridge near Jubhing following the Jiri Everest Trail. We cross Khari Khola near Bupsa, from where heart touching view of Mount Khumbila can be seen. A little ahead we enter Bupsa. Overnight at Bupsa, included meals: B L D
- Day 9: Bupsa to Surke Trek (2290m): 5-6 hrs
- The trail from Bupsa rises through Rhododendron and oak forest until Khari La pass. We can enjoy the magnificent views of the Khari La pass of Gyachung Kang and Khumbila mountains among others. After some straight walking we reach Puiyan, then descending towards Surke. Overnight at Surke, included meals: B L D
- Day 10: Surke to Phakding Trek (2652m): 4-5 hrs
- From Surke, trail climbs toward Chaurikharka. Initially, the trek moves up to Chhiplung. Then the trail moves down to Phakding. Overnight at Phakding, included meals: B L D
- Day 11: Phakding to Namche Bazaar Trek (3440m): 5-6 hours
- After having breakfast, we start trek to Namche Bazaar (Sherpa Capital). The walk today is pleasant with some short uphill and downhill with multiple crossings over Dudh Koshi River and magnificent view of Mt. Thamserku, Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Tawache and other beautiful mountains. Over Night at Namche Bazaar. Meals Included. B L D
- Day 12: Namche Bazaar; Acclimatization Day
- To adjust in the higher altitude, today is scheduled acclimatization day. We stay active and mobile during this day instead of resting in lodge. We explore the local market and observe local culture. We may walk up to the Everest view point. Overnight at Namche Bazaar all meals included.
- Day 13: Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3860m): 5-6 hours
- Upon breakfast in Namche, we start our trek towards Tengboche, famous for its legendry monastery, largest in the khumbu region. With some ups and downs, magnificent views of Himalayas and some wildlife during walk makes our trek much enjoyable. Tengboche is the great place for close up views of Mt Ama Dablam, Mt Nuptse and Mt Everest. We visit both Monastery and Museum on this day. Overnight at Tengboche including all meals.
- Day 14: Tengboche to Dingboche (4360m): 5-6 hours
- Today is interesting trek because you will not lose altitude like on other days and you will enjoy the spectacular views of different Himalayas such as Mt. . Amadablam, Mt. Lhotse & other peaks. The trek through the beautiful forest and the village of Pangboche (the home of most ancient monastery in the region). Finally reach Dingboche, the summer valley. Overnight at guest house, included meals B L D.
- Day 15: Acclimatization in Dingboche, Hike up to Nagargun (5100m) & return
- Acclimatization is required. Today we are enjoy 2 hours trekking up to the altitude of 5100m.Nagerjun is beautiful hill located above Dingboche. We have to climbing high & sleep low.The nagerjun hill offer us the fascinating view Lobuche East &West Lobuche Peak (6367m),Thamserku(6608m) & Amadablam (6856m)After taking short rest we will return back to Dingboche. Dinner &night day at hotel.
- Day 16: Dingboche to Lobuche Trek (4910m)
- This trek helped by western doctor volunteer doctors &support by the Himalayan Rescue Association that is offered with treatment & consultation to trekkers. Then we have to reach lobuche. Dinner &night day at hotel in Lobuche.
- Day 17: Lobuche to Gorak shep to Everest Base Camp (5364m) and back to Gorak shep
- We move ahead through the Khumbu Glacier. We will see views of Mt Pumori, Mt Mahalangur, Mt Nuptse etc. We will climb steeply to the top of Changri Glacier. He will get a glimpse of kala patthar. Then reach Gorak shep . Short rest. Lunch. Moving towards Everest Base Camp. This is the destinations of our journey. Then back to Ghorak Shep for our night stay.
- Day 18: Gorak shep to Kala patthar to Pheriche (4280m)
- Early morning walk so that we could get the beautiful views of shining of Mt Everest from the Kala Papthar. We should be acclimatized for the environmental variations. The climate will be cold (-10 to -14 Celsius). After hours, we reach Kala Patthar. Return back to Gorak shep. Take a Lunch. Descend down to Pheriche.
- Day 19: Pheriche to Pangboche to Tengboche to Namche Bazzar (3440m)
- Descend down. The trail is in the shade of Rhododendron & juniper trees. Lunch in Pangboche. If we are not hungry, we will walk upto Phunki Tenga & take lunch over there. Then we will move crossing the bridge over Dudh Koshi river. We descend down to sansa. Lunch at kyangjuma(3570m). Head towards to reach the army camp of Namche Bazzar. We can enjoy relaxing & taking photos of Tengboche & Everest. Overnight at hotel in Namche Bazzar.
- Day 20: Namche Bazzar to Lukla(28900m)
- Today's trail descends downward & it is steeply as well. We will walk slowly & carefully. This is in convenience will ends after crossing the Dudh Koshi Bridge. The extreme coldness and sore throats will end as we more through mountain air. Arrival in Lukla, overnight in Lukla hotel.
- Day 21: Lukla to Kathmandu
- Today we fly back to Kathmandu from Lukla Airport. Your trek guide will take you to the hotel. Later you can visit around Thamel and some shopping. In the evening join for cultural dinner.
- Day 22: Final Departure
- Dream Heaven Adventure's representative takes you to the Tribhuban International Airport of your flight back. We have to reach at the airport about 2:30 hours before of your scheduled flight.
- Airport pick up and drop
- Accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed and Breakfast
- All land transport by Bus
- Flight ticket for Lukla-Kathmand
- An experienced and Government license holder Trekking guide including salary, insurance, flight, food and lodging
- Porter including salary, insurance, flight, food and lodging ( as per group size)
- All necessary paper works and permits
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal entry Visa fee
- International Airfare and Airport Tax
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Travel and rescue insurance
- All Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, battery recharge, bottle, hot shower etc)
- Tips for guides, porters and trekking staff
- All kind of drinks, hot water, alcoholic and soft drinks
- Others expenses not mentioned in cost include