Everest High Pass Trek
Everest High pass trek is surely the most beautiful trek in the Everest which takes the High Passes of the Cho La, Kongma La, Renjo La and as well as Kala Pathar & Everest Base Camp.
Everest High pass trek is most popular and challenging trek in Khumbu region takes us to the base camp of Mount Everest (8848m), Gokyo valley and Kalapathar for beautiful landscapes. This ultimate trip to everest region introduces to adventure lovers the remote Khumbu valley, Nangpa valley and monasteries.
The circular three pass trek is constantly rewarded trek with breathtaking views of highest mountain, glacial lakes and calm valleys. This awe inspirational and terrific trek is rightfully regarded as topmost trek in the world. Furthermore, trekkers stride on most famed route while crossing three passes; Chola (5420m), Renjo La (5340m) and Kongma La (5535m)
Is this holiday for you?
This is the trek to Himalayan Region which is followed by well-explore path & yak trails throughout Khumbu, Namche Bazzar & kala patthar, Chola Pass and Renjo La pass are the popular places included in this trek. The trekking above 3000m might become challenging. You have to be prepared for this. We have managed the trekking cost & itinerary in such a way that it would be within the range that you can afford. You should be capable of walking 4 to 6 hours a day. You must be fit and active.
You have to stay 16 nights in lodges. It is difficult to arrange single accommodation on lodges. You will get a room to be shared by two people. The lodges/tea houses are simple & atmospheric. The beds will be of woods & foam mattress. You required a sleeping bag as well. You will get washing & toilet facilities. You can change for it. Cost of accommodation may vary on different lodges.
All meals are included from day 03 to day 18. You will be taken to hotel or restaurants during your stay in hotel. Boiled & purified water will be available. Bottled water can also be purchased if needed.
Nepal has moderate type of climate. Basically, the weather conditions are influenced by geography. Mid-June to September is followed by rainy or monsoon season whereas, the weather will be clear and dry in Spring & Autumn seasons.
Trekkers require necessary trainings & infrastructures so that it would be easy to cope with the challenges during trekking. One has to be fit, fine & healthy. If you are trained & fit, then we could help much more to make your trip secure & exciting.
|Trip Duration||20 Days|
|Best Travel Time||March, April, May, September, October and November are the best months|
|Minimum Pax||1 Pax|
|Accommodation||Hotels in Kathmandu, Guest houses in the trekking|
|Meals||Breakfast in Kathmandu and All meals during trekking|
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1300 m)
- Upon your arrival in Tribhuban International Airport, Kathmandu, you will be welcomed by representative of Dream Heaven Adventure and transferring to your hotel. You may visit our office and give you full tour briefing. Overnight at hotel. Meals Included .
- Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing
- Today, after breakfast, we will start our guided tour of different historical and spiritual attractions of Kathmandu including world heritage sites such as Pashupati Nath Temple , Bauddha Nath, Soyambhu Nath (famous monkey temple), Durbar square and so on. At afternoon time you may visit our office and give you a briefing of your upcoming tour. Over Night at Kathmandu. Meals Included .
- Day 03: Flight to Lukla (2840m) and trek to Phakding (2652m), 45 minutes flight and 3-4 hours trekking
- In the early morning the adventurous flight from Kathmandu take you to Lukla. You can enjoy the spectacular views of different mountains during 45 minutes flight. At lukla we meet our other crew members and after some packing arrangements, we start our trek to Phakding. Overnight at Phakding. Meals Included .
- Day 04: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m): 5-6 hours
- After having breakfast, we start trek to Namche Bazaar (Sherpa Capital). The walk today is pleasant with some short uphill and downhill with multiple crossings over Dudh Koshi River and magnificent view of Mt. Thamserku, Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Tawache and other beautiful mountains. Over Night at Namche Bazaar. Meals Included.
- Day 05: Namche Bazaar; Acclimatization Day
- To adjust in the higher altitude, today is scheduled acclimatization day. We stay active and mobile during this day instead of resting in lodge. We explore the local market and observe local culture. We may walk up to the Everest view point. Overnight at Namche Bazaar all meals included .
- Day 06: Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3860m): 5-6 hours
- Upon breakfast in Namche, we start our trek towards Tengboche, famous for its legendry monastery, largest in the khumbu region. With some ups and downs, magnificent views of Himalayas and some wildlife during walk makes our trek much enjoyable. Tengboche is the great place for close up views of Mt Ama Dablam, Mt Nuptse and Mt Everest. We visit both Monastery and Museum on this day. Overnight at Tengboche including meals.
- Day 07: Tengboche to Dingboche (4360m): 5-6 hours
- Today is interesting trek because you will not lose altitude like on other days and you will enjoy the spectacular views of different Himalayas such as Mt. . Amadablam, Mt. Lhotse & other peaks. The trek through the beautiful forest and the village of Pangboche (the home of most ancient monastery in the region). Finally reach Dingboche, the summer valley. Overnight at guest house, included meals.
- Day 08: Dingboche to Chhukung (4750m): 3-4 hours
- The trek today is pleasant; we walk leisurely as our schedule for today is only 3 - 4 hours trek. When we leave Dingboche the trail ascends steeply along a rocky arid path to Chhukung. After lunch and rest we make our way along another steep rocky trail to Chhukung Ri. From where we can see the stunning views of Lhotse, Island Peak, Ama Dablam, Makalu and several others including Baruntse. Overnight at Chhukung, all meals included.
- Day 9: Acclimatization Day In Chhukung
- Today is scheduled acclimatization day, yet, we stay active and mobile during this day. We may grasp the opportunity to climb Chhukung Ri or climb to the base camp of Island peak. We can enjoy the breathtaking views of different mountains. Overnight at Chhukung, all meals included.
- Day 10: Chhukung to Kongma La (5535m) to Lobuche (4940m): 6 – 7 hours
- Today, we cross Kongma la pass so the day is quite difficult. When we leave Chhukung, first, we walk in the plain area in the valley and then ascend the step path to the Kongma La pass. From the pass we descend steeply to Khumbu Glacier. After crossing the glacier we head to Lobuche. Overnight in Lobuche, all meals Included.
- Day 11: Lobuche to Gorak Shep (5170 m) - Everest Base Camp (5364 m) to Gorak Shep: 8 – 9 hours
- Today, we start trek from Lobuche to Gorak Shep approximately for 2 hours on a rough, rock strewn trail. We will have lunch at Gorak Shep and after short rest we start trek towards Everest Base Camp by crossing over the Khumbu Glacier for 3 hours. Yet, we cannot see the view of Everest summit but there are fine views of the Khumbu Ice Fall and the large seracs of ice on the glacier beside base camp. This is ultimate objective of our tour. Returning back to Gorak Shep, Overnight at Gorak Shep. All meals Included.
- Day 12: Gorak Shep to Kala Patthar (5545 m) to Lobuche (4940 m): 8 - 9 hours
- This day is the climax of our trip. In the early morning, we start trek to catch dramatic views of Mt. Everest, Nuptse, Pumori, Amadablam, Thamerserku, Mera Peak and many more from Kala Patthar. We take many photographs from here then we back to Gorak Shep for breakfast and continue walk down to Lobuche. Overnight in Lobuche, all meals included.
- Day 13: Lobuche to Dzongla (4830m): 3-4 hours
- Trek today is short compared to previous and next days. On the way from Lobuche to Dzongla we can see soaring heights of Ama Dablam and Kangtega- Thamserku and Pheriche village is visible down in the distance. Overnight at Dzongla at very ordinary lodge, all meals included.
- Day 14: Dzongla to ChoLa (5368m) to Thangnak (4680m) to Gokyo (4800m): 7 - 8 hours
- In the early morning, we start walk towards Chola. Today is going to be one of the toughest tours of our trip. From Chola we descend to reach Thangnak, a rather more substantial hamlet with a small village. Through the edge of Ngozumpa glacier (longest glacier in Nepal), after short walk, we get view of the second of the Gokyo lakes on the series of six lakes. Third Lake is on the short distance way. Gokyo village is situated on the edge of this lake, overnight at Gokyo. All meals Included.
- Day 15: Acclimatization Day in Gokyo - Gokyo Ri (5357m): 3-4 hrs
- Acclimatization day in Gokyo is exceptional opportunity for trekkers. You can grasp the opportunity to climb the Gokyo Ri, which is the best view point of Everest region. We may even try to go Fourth Lake and Sixth Lake, but it depends upon time and your interest. Overnight in Gokyo. All meals Included.
- Day 16: Gokyo - Renjo La (5360m) to Marlung (4210m): 7 - 8 hours
- Today, we start in the early morning, as there is no alternative of Marlung for overnight. After about 3 hours from Gokyo we reach Renjo La. We can see the outstanding views of Everest, Lhotse, Cholatse and Taboche from here. We continue our walk until Marlung. Overnight at Marlung. All meals Included.
- Day 17: Marlung to Namche Bazzar: 5 - 6 hours
- We descent from Murlang by crossing Bhotekoshi river to reach Taranga. A trail goes with some ups and downs. We eventually reach Namche again through some Gompas, colorful player flags, Mani stones, and Chortens for the night rest. All meals Included.
- Day 18: Namche Bazzar to Lukla: 6 - 8 hours
- We need to walk slowly and carefully as the trails descends steeply downward. We can see the breathtaking views of natural beauty during this trek. When we arrive at Lukla we discuss and share our experience of our trek. Overnight at Lukla. All meals Included
- Day 19: Lukla flight to Kathmandu
- Because of climatic condition of Lukla we take morning flight to Kathmandu. But some time the flight time may be delayed due to bad weather and this condition is beyond our control. After reaching Kathmandu you take rest at your hotel.
- Day 20: Final Departure
- Dream Heaven Adventure's representative takes you to the Tribhuban International Airport of your flight back. We have to reach at the airport about 2:30 hours before of your scheduled flight.
- Airport pick up and drop
- Accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed and Breakfast
- Round trip flight ticket for Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu
- An experienced and Government license holder Trekking guide including salary, insurance, flight, food and lodging
- Porter including salary, insurance, flight, food and lodging ( as per group size)
- All necessary paper works and permits
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal entry Visa fee
- International Airfare and Airport Tax
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Travel and rescue insurance
- All Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, battery recharge, bottle, hot shower etc)
- Tips for guides, porters and trekking staff
- All kind of drinks, hot water, alcoholic and soft drinks
- Others expenses not mentioned in cost include