Everest Base Camp Trek
Everest Base Camp Trek the journey to the base camp (5,364m) of Mount Everest and learn about the Sherpas and their culture- amazing adventure holiday trip of a lifetime.
Everest Base Camp Trek is one of the reputed and mountain trek on the lap of worlds’ tallest mountain Mt Everest along with the breathtaking views of Mt Lhotse, Mt Makalu &Cho-oyu .
The Trek becomes much more exciting with unique landscapes, Climate and natural beauties. Namche Bazaar (land of Sherpa) and Kala Patthar are the place that gives unique sense of mountaineering life style in Nepal.
The interesting thing is that, the Cabinet Meeting of Nepal Government was once held in Kala Patthar (5545m) enjoying the beautiful sceneries and experiencing the ever changing climate conditions. The meeting was considered as historic one. Therefore most aim of that Cabinet meeting was to expand the information to the world about the tourism feasibility of that place.
Our well-trained and experienced guide will no stone unturned to adjust the gradual change of environmental conditions over there. It is a matter of pride and satisfaction that you’ll be standing face to face with the world’s tallest peak Mt Everest close view of ice fall and glacier lakes along with experiencing being covered by the light snows would be much more exciting.
Is this holiday for you?
This is the trek to Himalayan Region which is followed by well-explore path & yak trails throughout Khumbu, Namche Bazzar & kala patthar the popular places included in this trek. The trekking above 3000m might become challenging. You have to be prepared for this. We have managed the trekking cost & itinerary in such a way that it would be within the range that you can afford. You should be capable of walking 4 to 6 hours a day. You must be fit and active.
You have to stay 10 nights in lodges/tea houses. It is difficult to arrange single accommodation on lodges. You will get a room to be shared by two people. The lodges/tea houses are simple & atmospheric. The beds will be of woods & foam mattress. You required a sleeping bag as well. You will get washing & toilet facilities. You can change for it. Cost of accommodation may vary on different lodges.
All meals are included from day 3 to day 13. You will be taken to hotel or restaurants during your stay in hotel. Boiled & purified water will be available. Bottled water can also be purchased if needed.
Nepal has moderate type of climate. Basically, the weather conditions are influenced by geography. Mid-June to September is followed by rainy or monsoon season whereas, the weather will be clear and dry in Spring & Autumn seasons.
Trekkers require necessary trainings & infrastructures so that it would be easy to cope with the challenges during trekking. One has to be fit, fine & healthy. If you are trained & fit, then we could help much more to make your trip secure & exciting.
|Trip Duration||14 Days|
|Best Travel Time||March, April, May, September, October and November are the best months|
|Minimum Pax||1 Pax|
|Accommodation||Hotels in Kathmandu, Guest houses in the trekking|
|Meals||Breakfast in Kathmandu and All meals during trekking|
- Day 01: welcome to Kathmandu
- Our Airport staff will be waiting for you at the waiting hall of Tribhuvan International Airport. He will be displaying card written with your name. He will help to transfer you will be left open for rest.
- Day 02: Kathmandu sightseeing
- Breakfast small orientation / meeting held by our guides that it would be helpful in organizing the journey as per your convenience. Our guide will take to the various places of Kathmandu for sightseeing. They will provide full information regarding the history, culture & tradition of that area. The famous sightseeing destinations in Kathmandu are listed by UNESCO as the World Heritage Sites .They include Pashupatinath –the holy temple of Hindu, Swayambhunath-the monkey temple & Kathmandu Durbar Square – the historical place revealing the early royal life-style, culture, traditions & architectures.
- Day 03: Flight to Lukla & trek to Phakding
- Transfer to airport in the early morning. We will fly to Lukla. The flight will be scenic as we can enjoy the stunning early view of snowy mountains. As we arrival at Lula-Entrance into Solukhumbu, start hiking down (4 hour) along the Dodh Koshi River & phakding, where will establish our first camp. The lifestyle, tradition & culture in Phakding is influenced by Buddhism. You will meet people reciting various Buddhist mantras. They go on repeating the same mantras.
- Day 04: Hike through fields and villages from Phakding to Namche Bazzar
- Early morning, you'll be offered with a hot cup of a tea & warm washing water at your own tent. You will hardly see the sun until mid-morning breakfast. Again we start walking through rolling terrain, agricultural fields, typical traditional houses, beautiful woods & landscapes. We will move up to the Sagarmatha National Park. This park is listed by UNESCO as the world heritage sites. Then the stunning view of mountain scenery excites you. Having lunch and hiking upto 610m with 2000steps to the Namche Bazzar – the largest Sherpa Village.
- Day 05: Day hike for our first views of Mt Everest, then return to Namche Bazaar
- In the morning tea is given and we have to prepare so that we could be able to adjust the changing environmental conditions. We have to hike high & then more down as well. This requires acclimatization. Our journey has to be slow & steady to that it would be convenience for our self stunning views of Nuptse (7861m), Lhotse(8414m), Ama Dablam (6856M) & even Mt Everest (8850m). Tonight at Namche Bazzar all means included.
- Day 06: Namche Bazzar to Tengboche (3870m)
- Breakfast. And walk towards Tengboche. The route offers beautiful views of Mt Everest, Nuptse, and Lhotse & Ama Dablam. The trails will be followed by few ups & downs. Sometimes you'll see pheasant, Himalayan Thar, musk deer, etc. The trail along Pine forest through Dudh Koshi River takes us to Phunki Thenga. Rest and walk to reach Tengboche.
- Day 07: Hike to Dingboche, the highest permanent Sherpa village in the Khumbu.
- Today's climb/hike will be little challenging & scenic. We will climb to Dingboche(4410m). The village is the permanent & the highest Sherpa village. Lunch around 1pm. After swards rest as well as meals included.
- Day 08: Dingboche to Lobuche(4940m)
- Climbing the khumbu Glacier. Ascend to Chupki Lhara. The trail descends to Khumbu Glacier moraine overnight at Lobuche with included meals.
- Day 09: Lobuche to Gorak shep to Everest Base Camp (5364m)
- We move ahead through the Khumbu Glacier. We will see views of Mt Pumori, Mt Mahalangur, Mt Nuptse etc. We will climb steeply to the top of Changri Glacier. He will get a glimpse of kala patthar. Then reach Gorak shep . Short rest. Lunch.Moving towards Everest Base Camp. This is the destinations of our journey.
- Day 10: Gorak shep to Kala patthar to Pheriche (4280m)
- Early morning walk so that we could get the beautiful views of shining of Mt Everest from the Kala Papthar. We should be acclimatized for the environmental variations. The climate will be cold (-10 to -14 Celsius). After hours, we reach Kala Patthar. Return back to Gorak shep. Take a Lunch. Descend down to Pheriche.
- Day 11: Pheriche to Pangboche to Tengboche to Namche Bazzar (3440m)
- Descend down. The trail is in the shade of Rhododendron & juniper trees. Lunch in Pangboche. If we are not hungry, we will walk upto Phunki Tenga & take lunch over there. Then we will move crossing the bridge over Dudh Koshi river. We descend down to sansa. Lunch at kyangjuma(3570m). Head towards to reach the army camp of Namche Bazzar. We can enjoy relaxing & taking photos of Tengboche & Everest. Overnight at hotel in Namche Bazzar.
- Day 12: Namche Bazzar to Lukla(28900m)
- Today's trail descends downward & it is steeply as well. We will walk slowly & carefully. This is in convenience will ends after crossing the Dudh Koshi Bridge. The extreme coldness and sore throats will end as we more through mountain air. Arrival in Lukla, overnight in Lukla hotel.
- Day 13: Lukla to Kathmandu
- Today we fly back to Kathmandu from Lukla Airport. Your trek guide will take you to the hotel. Later you can visit around Thamel and some shopping. In the evening join for cultural dinner.
- Day 14: Final Departure
- Dream Heaven Adventure's representative takes you to the Tribhuban International Airport of your flight back. We have to reach at the airport about 2:30 hours before of your scheduled flight.
- Airport pick up and drop
- Accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed and Breakfast
- Round trip flight ticket for Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu
- An experienced and Government license holder Trekking guide including salary, insurance, flight, food and lodging
- Porter including salary, insurance, flight, food and lodging ( as per group size)
- All necessary paper works and permits
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal entry Visa fee
- International Airfare and Airport Tax
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Travel and rescue insurance
- All Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, battery recharge, bottle, hot shower etc)
- Tips for guides, porters and trekking staff
- All kind of drinks, hot water, alcoholic and soft drinks
- Others expenses not mentioned in cost include