Everest Base Camp Trek & Island Peak Climbing
Everest Base Camp Trek with Island peak Climbing is suitable for those adventure travelers who want to take familiarity of Trekking and Climbing in Everest Himalayan range.
Deciding Everest Base Camp Trek & Island Peak Climbing Can be considered the best decision for those who are willing to experience both trekking & climbing in a single go.
Khumbu Valley & Everest Base Camp (5,357m) are the main attractions of this trek .The most fascinating part of this trek is that one can get close view of world’s tallest Mt. Everest (8,848m)& many more. This trek & climbing requires acclimatization. This trek is designed for energetic & physically fit people.
During this trek, the trail takes you through small& beautiful forest & Sherpa Village. One can experience glaciers & snow flow. The trails are less travelled & beautiful face to face view of virtuous snow clapped mountainous brings a unique sense of satisfaction within.
Is this holiday for you?
This is the trek to Himalayan Region which is followed by well-explore path & yak trails throughout Khumbu, Namche Bazzar kala patthar and Island Peak the popular places included in this trek. The trekking above 3000m might become challenging. You have to be prepared for this. We have managed the trekking cost & itinerary in such a way that it would be within the range that you can afford. You should be capable of walking 4 to 6 hours a day. You must be fit and active to climb island peak.
You have to stay 14 nights in lodges/tea houses and 1 or 2 nights in tented camp. It is difficult to arrange single accommodation on lodges. You will get a room to be shared by two people. The lodges/tea houses are simple & atmospheric. The beds will be of woods & foam mattress. You required a sleeping bag as well. You will get washing & toilet facilities. You can change for it. Cost of accommodation may vary on different lodges.
All meals are included from day 3 to day 19. You will be taken to hotel or restaurants during your stay in hotel. Boiled & purified water will be available. Bottled water can also be purchased if needed.
Nepal has moderate type of climate. Basically, the weather conditions are influenced by geography. Mid-June to September is followed by rainy or monsoon season whereas, the weather will be clear and dry in Spring & Autumn seasons.
Trekkers require necessary trainings & infrastructures so that it would be easy to cope with the challenges during trekking. One has to be fit, fine & healthy. If you are trained & fit, then we could help much more to make your trip secure & exciting.
|Trip Duration||20 Days|
|Best Travel Time||March, April, May, September, October and November are the best months|
|Minimum Pax||1 Pax|
|Accommodation||Hotels in Kathmandu, Guest houses in the trekking and tented camp during climbing|
|Meals||Breakfast in Kathmandu and All meals during trekking/climbing,|
- Day 01: welcome to Kathmandu.
- Our Airport staff will be waiting for you at the waiting hall of Tribhuvan International Airport. He will be displaying card written with your name. He will help to transfer you will be left open for rest.
- Day 02: Kathmandu sightseeing
- Breakfast small orientation / meeting held by our guides that it would be helpful in organizing the journey as per your convenience. Our guide will take to the various places of Kathmandu for sightseeing. They will provide full information regarding the history, culture & tradition of that area. The famous sightseeing destinations in Kathmandu are listed by UNESCO as the World Heritage Sites .They include Pashupatinath –the holy temple of Hindu, Swayambhunath-the monkey temple & Kathmandu Durbar Square – the historical place revealing the early royal life-style, culture, traditions & architectures.
- Day 03: Fly to Lukla and trek to Phakding (2652m)
- Scenic flight to Lukla early in the morning .Our trek start from to lukla. Then we will start trekking towards Phkading .Dinner and overnight stay at hotel.
- Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazzar (3440 m)
- Early morning breakfast .Than we will start trekking towards Namche Bazzar along the Dud Koshi River. We have to assured through beautiful forest of pine & cedar. Namche Bazaar has its own uniqueness' reading the history, culture & traditions. One can buy to view traditional handicraft in Namche bazzar. Acclimatization is required at Namche Bazaar. Dinner & night stay at guest house.
- Day 05: Namche Bazzar, Hike up to Everest view Hotel
- Special acclimatization is required .We will start liking towards Syangboche Airport (3700m). The first glimpses Mt.Everest during liking is much exciting .We will than climb towards Everest view Hotel, from where we can get beautiful views of Everest, Lhoste Amadablem,etc.
- Day 06: Trek to Tengboche (3860m)
- Now the trail is quiet easy. We will descend in to the Dudh Koshi valley at Pungki Thanga & than we will climb to up to Tengboche Monastery .we will get the fascinating views of Mt. Amadablam, Mt Everest & other himalayan peaks .Dinner & overnight stay at guest house.
- Day 07: Trek to Dingboche(4410m)
- We have to climb down enjoying beautiful forest & Imja Khola &than reach to Pangboche village .This day also offer beautiful views of various mountainous. Than continuing the same route,we will reach Dingboche. Summer Valley
- Day 08: Hike up to Nagargun (5100m) & return
- Acclimatization is required .Today we are enjoy 6 hours trekking up to the altitude of 5100m.nagerjun is beautiful hill located above Dingboche. We have to climbing high &sleep low.The nagerjun hill offer us the fascinating view Lobuche East &West Lobuche Peak (6367m),Thamserku(6608m) & Amadablam (6856m)After taking short rest we will return back to Dingboche .Dinner &night day at hotel.
- Day 09: Trek to Lobuche (4910m)
- This trek helped by western doctor volunteer doctors &support by the Himalayan Rescue Association that is offered with treatment & consultation to trekkers. Than we have to reach lobuche.
- Day 10: Trek to Everest Base Camp (5364m) &back to Gorekshep (5181m)
- Short & interesting climb. we will get a view of Kalapattar one cabinet meeting of Nepal government was land in kalapattar under the prime ministarship of Madhav Kumar Nepal keeping in mind the huge importance of tourism in Kalapattar .After Kalapattar we will reach to Gorekshep &the journey than continue towards Everest Base Camp .We will enjoy fascinating views of khumbu glacier & icefall. Dinner & night stay at hotel.
- Day 11: Hikking to Kalapattar (5545m) - Gorekshap - Dingboche(4410m)
- Hike towards Kalapattar. This offer us the enchanting view of Mt. Everest & other beautiful peaks. Than we have to trek towards Gorekshap & than to Dingboche. Dinner & night stay in Dingboche
- Day 12: Dingboche to Island Peak Base camp (5240m)
- We will start our journey from Dingboche towards the sand flats at Pareshaya Gyab .On the way,will be offered with the beautiful views of various mountains. We have to make a tented camp for the next day.
- Day 13: Pre climbing training
- Today, after having lunch trainings regarding peak climbing techniques &using gears like ice axe, Elisnbing bort & crampons ,harness, ascender etc & on how to go up &down using ropes. Is provided by our professional guides. These will general much eagerness & confident for our Climbing
- Day 14: Island Peak Base Camp to summit peak (6189m) & back to Chhukung.
- Early morning (around 1 am) climbing to words Island Peak. In the beginning, climbing is not difficult & then our route goes along a ridgeline that takes us to exposed closed route onto the peak of summit glacier. We need to use various climbing technique as trained by our professional guides. Today will be the most interesting day for the one who haves climbing peaks.
- Day 15: Reserve Day for Continuing
- As per our planning, we are not sure about the climatic condition of the day 13. If in case, the day 13 begins with unfavorable climatic conditions than we have to postpone the program & summiting the peak for the day 14.
- Day 16: Chhukung to Tengboche
- Day 17: Tengoche to Monju
- Day 18: Monju to Lukla (2800m)
- Today's trail descends downward & it is steeply as well. We will walk slowly & carefully. This is in convenience will ends after crossing the Dudh Koshi Bridge. The extreme coldness and sore throats will end as we more through mountain air. Arrival in Lukla, overnight in Lukla hotel.
- Day 19: Lukla to Kathmandu
- Today we fly back to Kathmandu from Lukla Airport. Your trek guide will take you to the hotel. Later you can visit around Thamel and some shopping. In the evening join for cultural dinner.
- Day 20: Final Departure.
- Dream Heaven Adventure's representative takes you to the Tribhuban International Airport of your flight back. We have to reach at the airport about 2:30 hours before of your scheduled flight.
- Airport pick up and drop
- Accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed and Breakfast
- Round trip flight ticket for Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu
- An experienced and Government license holder Climbing/Trekking Guide, Cook, Assistant Climbing Leader & other helpers as per requirement
- Porter including salary, insurance, flight, food and lodging ( as per group size)
- All necessary paper works and permits
- All necessary climbing equiepments
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal entry Visa fee
- International Airfare and Airport Tax
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Travel and rescue insurance
- All Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, battery recharge, bottle, hot shower etc)
- Tips for guides, porters and Climbing Staff
- All kind of drinks, hot water, alcoholic and soft drinks
- Others expenses not mentioned in cost include