Everest Base Camp Trek Via Gokyo Lake
Everest Base Camp Trek via Gokyo takes to the landmark of Everest range with Dudh Koshi River, Gokyo – the hidden valley with gorgeous blue lakes in the lap of Himalaya, and the popular Cho La pass & Everest Base Camp.
Everest Base Camp with Gokyo Chola Pass trek is stupendous treks visiting the high lush valleys of the Khumbu region with the occasion to discover local villages, unique traditional culture and the incredible hospitality of the Sherpa peoples.
Otherwise called Everest Circuit trek, this is a one of the most bold treks in the Everest Himalayas, it takes after the course by means of high passes of Cho La at 5,330m into the Base Camp of Mount Everest.
Everest Base Camp Trek through Gokyo takes audacious trekkers to astonishing Gokyo Valley, wellspring of terrific Dudh Koshi River, the popular Cho La pass, the notable views from Gokyo Ri, the vast Ngojumba Glacier, and the vantage point Kala Patthar together with EBC.
This 19 days extravagant trek almost as high as the Everest Base Camp treks and offers likewise stunning Everest views, however the trails are less crowed, the hotels calmer and the villages along the trail have motivation to exist well beyond serving local foods to hungry adventure lovers.
During traveling throughout Gokyo valley and Everest Base Camp, trekkers are rewarded with various numbers of most dramatic landscapes.
Is this holiday for you?
This is the trek to Himalayan Region which is followed by well-explore path & yak trails throughout Khumbu, Namche Bazzar & kala patthar the popular places included in this trek. The trekking above 3000m might become challenging. You have to be prepared for this. We have managed the trekking cost & itinerary in such a way that it would be within the range that you can afford. You should be capable of walking 4 to 6 hours a day. You must be fit and active.
You have to stay 14 nights in lodges. It is difficult to arrange single accommodation on lodges. You will get a room to be shared by two people. The lodges/tea houses are simple & atmospheric. The beds will be of woods & foam mattress. You required a sleeping bag as well. You will get washing & toilet facilities. You can change for it. Cost of accommodation may vary on different lodges.
All meals are included from day 3 to day 17. You will be taken to hotel or restaurants during your stay in hotel. Boiled & purified water will be available. Bottled water can also be purchased if needed.
Nepal has moderate type of climate. Basically, the weather conditions are influenced by geography. Mid-June to September is followed by rainy or monsoon season whereas, the weather will be clear and dry in Spring & Autumn seasons.
Trekkers require necessary training & infrastructures so that it would be easy to cope with the challenges during trekking. One has to be fit, fine & healthy. If you are trained & fit, then we could help much more to make your trip secure & exciting.
|Trip Duration||18 Days|
|Best Travel Time||March, April, May, September, October and November are the best months|
|Minimum Pax||1 Pax|
|Accommodation||Hotels in Kathmandu, Guest houses in the trekking|
|Meals||Breakfast in Kathmandu and All meals during trekking|
|Trip Grade||Fairly Strenuous|
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1300 m)
- Arrive in Kathmandu Airport, you will be greeted by representative from our company (Dream Heaven), who will take you to the hotel. After check in you can either take a rest or visit our office.
- Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing and trek preparation (1300m).
- This day after having breakfast, we will start a guided tour to different historical and spiritual attractions of Kathmandu valley. Some of these attractions are world heritage sites including Kathmandu Durbar Square, the sacred temple of Pashupati Nath, Bouddha Nath Stupa (one of the largest stupas in the world), and the famous Buddhist temple swoyambhu Nath (monkey temple). Then in the afternoon, we will talk about our upcoming trip where you can meet our trek guide other crew and participants of the trek. Overnight in Kathmandu
- Day 03: Kathmandu to Lukla by flight and trek to Phakding (2625m) walking distance about 3 hours.
- In the morning we fly to Tenzing Hilary airport at Lukla (2800m). It will be 25 minutes scenic fligh above the breathtaking green and white mountain. On arrival at the airport guide will brief you and introduce our other crew members. After some arrangements we start our trek through the beautiful village of lukla until we reach Phakding. Overnight in Phakding
- Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m); walking distance about 6 hours.
- After having breakfast we start our journey to beautiful Sherpa capital Namche Bazaar. The day walk is pleasant with few short uphill and downhill with multiple crossing overs Dudh Koshi River. We can see the magnificent views of Mount Thamserku (6608m) from the banker village. After reaching at entrance point of Sagarmatha National Park at Monjo, where we need to show trekking permit and TIMS. Now, the trail climbs steeply with breathtaking views towards Namche Bazaar main the gateway to Khumbu region. Finally, we reach the colorful village of Namche Bazaar. Overnight in Namche Bazaar
- Day 05: Namche Bazaar; Acclimatization Day
- Today spend in order to acclimatize. Our guide takes you a short distance trek museum, where you can observe the traditional customs of the Sherpa peoples. We further hike up to the Syangboche airport close to Everest view hotel. From Everest view point we can see breathtaking views of the Himalayas with stunning sunrise and sunset. Overnight in Namche
- Day 06: Namche Bazaar to Dole walking distance 6-7 hours
- Early in the morning, we climb steeply out of Namche Bazzaar to kyangjuma village. We can see outstanding view of Mt Thamserku, Mt khantega, Mt Ama Dablam,and other peak as well Tawache and Cholastse from along the trail. The must strenuous ascend of the day is to pass Mong-la, a very charming place and panoramic view point of those mountain. Trails drop down to Phorche tanga and up to Dole. Along the Trail we can see (observe) abundance of plant, animal, vegetation including wild flowers of rhododendrons, wild life like Himalayan thar (Mountain goat) , musk deer, deer. Traveling throughout forest, waterfalls and bridge are further attractions of the day. We reach at Dole a small place with few teahouses.
- Day 07: Dole to Machharmo walking distance 4-5 hours
- Today, we climb a scenic ridge above Dole for an excellent view to Mt Cho you, Kyajori peak and descend to Dudh Kosi River. Walking along the hill side above thundering Dudkoshi River. We reach Machherma .Which is the last major settlement on the way up to Gokyo.
- Day 08: Machhermo to Gokyo (4800m) Walking distance 4-5 hours
- Today we are at one our main destinations to Gokyo(4790m), we stay here 1night for acclimatization Sightseeing and hiking trips around Gokyo.
- Day 09: Gokyo Valley Acclimatization Day- Optional Hike to 5th & 6th Lake
- Today is full day rest or an acclimatization day. If the weather is good in the morning, we have a steep climb up to top of Gokyo Ri . We would not miss the chance to observe the forth lake (Thonak tsho)& fifth lake (Ngozuma Tsho).Upon our own interest time .we may even try to go sixth Lake too. We spend night at Gokyo village.
- Day 10: Hike to Gokyo Ri (5357m)Thangna (4730m) walking distance 4 -5 hours
- If Gokyo Ri has not been mapped out the day before trek there today climbing to Gokyo Ri will be unforgettable life time memories because breathtaking scenery of different mountains. It takes 3 to 4 hours to reach the top. We trek down to Gokyo .After breakfast we trek to thangna .Overnight at Thangna.
- Day 11: Thangna to Chola pass-Dzongla (4830m) Walking distance 7- 8 hours
- Today we start trek in the early morning around 4-6 am. Chola pass is another highlight of this trip. The pass is steep and involver glacier thus we need to be careful as the trail is vertical and rock glazed by ice add trouble to the trekkers .As you reach on top you are rewarded by the stunning views, than we descend to the Dzongla at noon Dzongla is the another beautiful place which a complete views of mt.cholatse ,mt. Ama Dablam,Lobuche peak .Overnight in Dzongla
- Day 12: Dzongla to Lobuche (4940m) Walking distance 2-3 hours
- Today's trek will be rather easier & shorter we would get more time to observe & relax. We enjoy the view of Lobuche peak and other beautiful scenery. We will reach Lobuche after 3 hours trekking.
- Day 13: Lobuche to Everest Base Camp (5364m) and back to Gorakshep; Walking distance 8-9 hours
- This is difficult trek along the Khumbu Glacier up to Everest Base Camp .EBC is the closest place from Mt.Everest where you can go without equipment .we can see the spectacular views of khumbu Icefall from the base Camp. Everest actually is not visible from here. We back to Goreshep, overnight in Gorkshep.
- Day 14: Gorakkshep to Kala Ptthar to Pheriche; Walking distance 7-8 hours
- Today we start early in the morning .Most of morning in this day is spent on climbing Kala Patthar a small peak at 5550m.We can observe dramatic view of Everest (The highest peak on the world)Nuptse, Pumori, Lotse, & many others. Then we back to Pheriche for overnight stay.
- Day 15: Pheriche to Pangboche to Tengboche-Namche Bazaar; walking distance 6-7 hours
- After spending some days in 3440m higher altitude is much easier walk down to the lower altitude. By leaving mountains behind us our descent takes us through the Tengboche Monastery at elevation 3860m before continuing back to Namche bazaar .Over night in Namche.
- Day 16: Namche Bazzar to Lukla; Walking distance 6-7hours
- Finally we back to Lukla from where we have start trekking .At Lukla we spend some time enjoying and recalling experiences of the last couple of weeks. Overnight in Lukla .
- Day 17: Lukla to Kathmandu
- Today we fly back to Kathmandu from Lukla Airport. Your trek guide will take you to the hotel. Later you can visit around Thamel and some shopping. In the evening join for cultural dinner.
- Day 18: Final Departure
- Dream Heaven Adventure's representative takes you to the Tribhuban International Airport of your flight back. We have to reach at the airport about 2:30 hours before of your scheduled flight.
- Airport pick up and drop
- Accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed and Breakfast
- Round trip flight ticket for Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu
- An experienced and Government license holder Trekking guide including salary, insurance, flight, food and lodging
- Porter including salary, insurance, flight, food and lodging ( as per group size)
- All necessary paper works and permits
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal entry Visa fee
- International Airfare and Airport Tax
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Travel and rescue insurance
- All Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, battery recharge, bottle, hot shower etc)
- Tips for guides, porters and trekking staff
- All kind of drinks, hot water, alcoholic and soft drinks
- Others expenses not mentioned in cost include